#7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-29-06, 10:34
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Hi LCNewbie,

You were saying that you have a hard time lasting through the first day of Atkins induction....and I think that's a pretty common experience. The thing that helped me most during that first week on Atkins induction was to eat and eat and eat - but only induction-acceptable foods. This meant large omelettes, maybe eating two steaks at dinner time..lots of pigging out, but it helped me get through those sugar/carb withdrawals.

This is why Dr. Atkins suggests not worrying about calories at first.

While I was struggling to get through those first several days, I actually ate more food than I did before starting low-carb. Tons of chicken wings, blue cheese dip, bags of shrimp, chunks of steak and so on.

All you have to do is stick with the "list" - but go ahead and eat as much as you need to get through the day. After a short while, you'll experience the full appetite-suppressing benefits of a lower carb diet. It's just those first several days that are hard, because your body is screaming for sugar, carbs and the like. But, please eat as much as you need or want ...as long as it's from the acceptable foods list. If this means you end up ordering a package of 50 or more wings from the local takeout place, then so be it. If it means five-egg omelettes in the morning, so be it.

A week later, you'll find you're simply not as hungry...and it'll amaze you.

Low carb eating is the very best appetite suppressing "product" I've ever tried.

Hang in there and get yourself some really delicious low-carb foods and eat to your heart's content. It's gonna work....you'll see.

And don't forget to forgive yourself if you eat like mad at first...it's all part of the process of getting through the carbohydrate withdrawal.

Happy shopping and eating.