Thread: Bicycling..
View Single Post
  #307   ^
Old Wed, Apr-26-06, 20:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Waklee1, sorry to hear your riding a hotel chair instead of a bike......

I personally think it is funny how ones legs seem to be all rubbery....I wonder if there is a way to lessen or combat the lactic acid build up.....

Both your bikes are good ones indeed. I really like your full suspension MB! One of those is in my plans as well. In talking with Adam (bike shop guy) I figure I'll end up with at least 3 bikes, maybe 4 if I get the recumbent trike I want.

A comfort cruiser, the hardtail for all round riding, a full suspension job and the bent bike for cruising paved bike trails. I suspect the comfort cruiser willbecome my number one ride for around town, second to the hardtail (Yukon).

I like this bike shop and the new owner. And more importantly, I trust his advice and recomendations. After hearing my desires, he steered me to the Yukon, over the Schwinn I was looking at. This is a more price friendly bike with more features than the Schwinn. It will save me money, and it's a better bike. How can I not like that??

I tell you what. We ALL need to support our local bike shops as we are going to be in a sad state of affairs if they all go the way of the carrier pigeon and become extinct. Can you imagine your only choices being low end mega mart bikes? I have one now and would not be happy if this was the best there was!

I walk in and he knows me, knows what I have, what I like, how I ride and is able to meet my every need, answer my questios and repair what I tend to do to bikes...