#8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 07:05
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hey Choc

Isn't it great when you figure out that you're not crazy or an emotional wreck/crybaby naturally! That there is an actual chemical cause that you can't help. Sometimes I would be so deep into depression and driving myself crazy trying to figure out why that my sister would have to be the one to tell me that it was time for my light, even if it were late August! Normally I'm an upbeat, look on the bright side, it must be meant kind of person.

LC plans do help the cravings and emotional swings and lethargy that arises naturally with SAD. Also sitting under special lights or halogen lamps for 20-30 minutes in the mornings.

Some find that exercise also helps. It helps me if I can force myself to do it!

CAD keeps you in control, yet allows you to satisfy the cravings. It is not easy being a carb addict anyway and then having chemically induced cravings on top of that. Get back on plan! Plan your Reward Meal in detail! Allow yourself all the treats you want (in a balanced way!). Dream about your reward meal if necessary. And consider, when someone offers you cake at work is the wonderful reward meal you've planned better than instant gratification. You can always keep plastic storage bags and containers in your desk and take whats offered home with you to add to your reward meal later. I've done this many times. Sometimes I eat it, sometimes I wind up throwing it away. The important this is to give yourself the choice while sticking to plan!