#12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 01:52
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 197/187/165
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Hi Aussies and Kiwis

Lovely to see some locals - sometimes I despair there are any of us on the net! People are so generous with their advice but so many things are different here from the US. I have spent some time in the US and we are so lucky that everything doesn't have sugar in it here. Have you ever tried US bread?? It's like cake - so gross. I take my hat off to all Americans trying to lose weight - the odds are so stacked against them.
We owe Rose a big vote of thanks - she is fantastic. Yes I am going to start a journal - soon. I am just getting started but am very confused about how different some of the diets are. Sugar Busters are inclined towards lower fat while Dr A is go for the fat. there seems to be differences in what products are no nos - rockmelon being a good example.
Is anyone into protein shakes? My breakfast is stuff called Modifast.I have a real prob in the morning having time for anything more and a quick shake seems a great answer for me.
Rose - to answer previous question - yes I am on HRT luckily only estrogen which doesn't seem to be same prob as progestin altho time will tell!
This is day 4 and for first time I feel a bit light headed. Do you have to eat at least 20g carbs per day? Thanks and look forward to seeing more of us.
intersting info - did you know that the French doctors decided in the 1920s that fat babies were unhealthy and it became very antisocial to have fat children!!! Sally