#7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-02, 21:31
Registered Member

Plan: Meat & Eggs
Stats: 243/206.8/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Carb Count Book

I have found having a good food count book is very helpful, especially in the beginning until you really know the counts of the foods you generally eat. And even after that, it is helpful to have one to check out new foods.

The absolute best food count book I have found is The Complete Book of Food Counts by Corinne T. Netzer. It is $7.50 (paperback) at Barnes & Noble. It has become my bible for this WOE. It lists calories; sodium; carbohydrates; cholesterol; protein; fat; and fiber for thousands of foods including fast foods, prepared foods and just basic plain foods, fruits, meats, and veggies. For lots of them, especially veggies, it lists them by weight and by volume. If you want to know about it, it's probably in this book. I did a lot of research before I got it, and I have never been sorry.

A good place to get it is at www.half.com They have it really cheap (used) like $1.30 or so plus postage.

She really should read one of the plans' books. I read "The Protein Power Plan" and The Protein Power LifePlan" by the Drs. Eades. It is very helpful. Especially the PP LifePlan one. It explains what grains, etc. do to us...and why we really shouldn't eat them.

You can get this book at half.com too...or from your local library.

Paris