#2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-02, 17:23
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Lama,

Since you're within 8 lbs of your goal, it's tough to say exactly how much (or little) you'll need. You'll have to be patient. Basically, the rule of thumb on Atkins is to eat until you're satisfied, but not stuffed. Don't worry about the butter thing, I eat it like that, too! A lot of us do. It's not a problem.

I don't know exactly how much you ate when you gained on induction, but it wouldn't surprise me if you overdid it a tad, because that's what happens to anyone who's been "white-knuckling" it through a diet and they're hungry all the time. It catches up to you. You didn't screw up - it's a normal reaction. Give yourself some time to adjust.

I'd stick with induction and don't panic if it takes a long time for the weight loss, or even if it doesn't happen at all. You're already at a technically healthy weight, and it's v-e-r-y difficult to diet down much below that.

About your menu: eat the whole egg. It's the yolk that has the nutrition as well as the fat to keep you full. I would also have more variety than just chicken and salad. There are many more veggies and protein souces that you can (and should) have.

Enjoy!