View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-02, 13:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I hear what you're saying and 6 months ago, I would have said the exact same thing. However, I followed Atkins to the letter for over 7 months and I did not lose. This is why I have decided to go a different route.

As for the salt, Rosebud, you are not correct in saying that all salt is the same. The sea salt contains the proper minerals to balance out the sodium and therefore will not cause fluid retention. I found that as soon as I started to use the sea salt, I no longer had any puffiness around my feet and ankles. I am one that swells at the mention of something salty, but this salt just does not do that to me. I have been using the salt for over 2 weeks now and I have loved the benefits of it.

The weight gain also happened when I joined the gym before and I am now wondering if the exercise is the cause.

I know that it sounds like I am pulling at straws, but I just can't seem to lose even if I stick to a plan very strictly.

I can say that I haven't felt better than I have felt for the past 2 weeks. I realize that this is what is important, but I would also like to see a reduction in weight.

Thank you, Rosebud and Zuleikaa for your suggestions. Maybe it is time I give induction a try again.

Carol