Old Thu, Apr-20-06, 12:31
Registered Member

Plan: high fat BFL
Stats: 170/170/170 Male 1.80
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayKNJ
I am reading the book now. I am confused on the reward day, you eat off plan for the entire day but it still figures into your calories (journal) food and will count towards the deficit. So when you are doing the math wouldn't you tend to stay away from doing so? Isn't that the day you have a rest day of exercises too? What is the benefit then, to shake up the body and speed up the metabolism?

The ideal would be to be healthy from birth to the rest of your life. Your body loves homeostasis and it's easier to break this balance than it is to fix it because your body want to keep the next balance even if it is terrible.
When you change your diet, lifestyle and body composition your body do its best to prevent you from ruining its terrible balance by lowering your BMR, creating a glucose intolerance, decreasing the amount of glut-4 on the cell surface and of glycogenic enzimes, increasing the post-prandial lipemia and eventually creating cravings and depression.
Your body wants to sabotage you and of course hates you for what you're doing to it
The free day is one of the most important aspect of the plan and I believe it makes the difference between success and failure in losing fat and gaining muscle. The free day purpose is to deceive your body, because as soon as it understands your changing your lifestyle you come back to your old lifestyle, the body is not worried anymore and turn off all those sabotage mechanism and to reactivate them when you go back to the BFL plan it will take at least 5 days.
So a succesful free day is a day of your old lifestyle.
Junk foods, cheeseburger, hot dog, pizza, coke ...
But, while you can consume more calories make sure you still have some kind of discipline in your portion size as you don't to stuff yourself till you feel sick and since you will have consumed more small meals thorough the week your stomach will have shrinked in size.

D.