View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-06, 12:41
Registered Member

Plan: high fat BFL
Stats: 170/170/170 Male 1.80
BF:
Progress:

I wouldn't count the carbs in vegetables because vegetables are what is known as a negative calorie food. In other words they provide less calories than what the body requires to digest them.
It's harder for the body to digest low caloric and fiber rich foods and so it takes more energy than digesting fruits or eggs. More energy than the calories in the vegetables can provide.
If you were starving you would die quickly by eating water and vegetables than just water.
So the carbohydrates in vegetables really don't count because they are all used to digest the vegetable themselves and after they have been used more is required, that's why vegetables are perfect weight loss food and the more you eat the more you lose.

I also believe that although it is a good idea to do cardio on a empty stomach, lifting weight in an empty stomach is too catabolic and muscle protein may be used for energy especially when the carb intake is low. I would have a sort of light pre-workout meal beofre lifting weights not before cardio.

D.