#9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 21:16

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally posted by Fietser
So, I'm very curious.. btw I mentioned on a bodybuilding forum that I 'd bought that pdf-version and got immediate requests for free copies.. don't think so, unless they want to pay me half of the price..but even then it's not quite ethical. strange as I have no qualms about free software..

Fietser

Hold your ground on that one, Fiester! That book (even the PDF version) isn't exactly cheap. You paid for it, so why give it away for free?

I don't mind free software as long as it was meant to be. I guess because of the industry I'm involved in I have a pretty firm view on intellectual property. There are so many who want free music, free videos, and they're always trying to get this stuff for nothing. Yet, they don't stop to think that they are tearing down an industry they're part of! As dancers, we rely on musicians and their talent, expertise and hard work to be able to dance to quality music, so when this stuff is given away, etc... well, we're hurting ourselves in the long run.

I appreciate Lyle's hard work with his book, so I didn't blink an eye at paying his price for the information. AND... he takes the time to answer questions of those who've bought his book (a definite bonus!).

Glad you got your book, though.... have fun reading it!

PS... I'd go blind if I had to read that book on computer! LOL