View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-06, 23:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/220/205 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

It depends on the brand, but Kielbasa seasoning is almost always the same as hot dog seasoning. Just treat it like a big hot dog. I slice it, boil it and then dip it in mustard. Cheese sauce is good too.

It's tough. Other than on a bun or with beans, hot dogs don't really go with anything. At least that's been my experience. I like kielbasa with sauteed cabbage. It's great with mashed cauliflower as well. After racking my brain for many months, that's about all I've come up with.

I read on another forum that kielbasa is a good sub for andouille in gumbo. After giving it a try, I now know this is not the case. I do think it might be good in soup, though.

It's got plenty of salt/preservatives so it lasts for quite some time, especially if it's packaged. If your BF got a really huge package, I guess you could freeze some. I like kielbasa, but if I eat it more than a couple times a month, I get sick of it. Same thing for hot dogs. Pepperoni gives me a lot more mileage.

Btw, 2g of carbs is pretty carby for kielbasa. The kielbasa I buy has some corn syrup solids, but they're small enough to register as 0 carbs on the label. For that much sugar, I definitely recommend slicing it and boiling it. Boiling it should reduce the sugar content a little bit.