View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 13:32

Plan: atkins/modified
Stats: 153.5/122.5/125
BF:
Progress: 109%

Yeah, unfortunately, if you are already on thyroid meds, you have to go off of them for a little while. Be prepared for the ucky hypo feeling again

I assume they are finally following up on the partial thyroidectomy with the radiotion treatment?

I didn't really have any side effects from the RAI except for a funny taste in my mouth, and the fact that I swear that I heard my thyroid "popping." Kind of like a snap, crackle and pop in my throat LOL. But it went away in a few days.

You should be able to eat normally. Before the test, just don't eat seafood or a lot of seaweed salad or anything with a LOT of iodine. Red meat and chicken, etc., should be fine.

Okay, now I am gonna say this, and you are probably not going to like it but...

You really need to focus on your HEALTH right now, not weight loss. The weight loss will come. Your thoughts and focus should be on healing your body. You have a disease and you have had cancer. You need to rest and heal. Don't worry about a few pounds of bloat. Within a few weeks after the RAI, you will be on the road to recovery. You need to rest and eat RIGHT. Fresh fruit (low glycemic) and veggies. Give up the coke, it's garbage. Drink lost of water (or seltzer water with lemon if you need the fizz.) Take your vitamins.

It really matters NOW that you don't do further damage to your body. You will heal faster.

Okay, off of my soapbox. It's just that I've been there, and learned the hard way.

Love,
Donna