Registered Member

Plan: antivegan,was subzerocarb
Stats: 200/187/175 Male 6' 0"
BF:27%/19%/12%
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
Rob,

Are there any general guidelines for the Carnivourous Diet? For example, what meats are restricted (liver?) and what if any supplements are acceptable and which are to be avoided?

Is drinking teas or coffee OK? I would think so as they contain no macro-nutrients and are just flavored water.
Hey, Mike,

I'm not Rob, but on a "carnivorous diet"... or an "antivegan diet" as I like to call it (some call it "Bear's Diet"... but, hey, what's in a name?)... one can eat any animal food they can get their hands on. Liver is OK, but must not be done to any excess... it's usually best if only done once every other week, but I'm sure once a week would not be bad. Liver has carbs (from the glycogen) so you have to be careful in consuming too much. It has lots of Vit A, so you don't want to get too much of that either. Eat it raw, or just slightly cooked.

Butter, cream, cheese, cream cheese... any animal fat is VERY important to consume. You don't have to consume any dairy, but, in that case, you would want to consume lots of animal fat from the body of animals. Rendering kidney suet is a wonderful way to get cooking fat. Tallow is the name for the rendered fat from cows, bison... herbivores. This stuff is excellent for cooking eggs (omelets and the like). It handles high heat and nothing sticks to the pan. It beats coconut oil hands down! And, compared to coconut oil, it's very cheap (usually free, in fact). You will get a lot of good animal fat in if you use this. Chicken skin is another good way to get fat... or turkey, duck, etc. skin.

The fat content in your diet should be around 70-80% of calories. This usually is about half/half by weight of muscle meat to fat.

So, Mike, how long have you been eating this way? Or have you not started yet? It is real easy after you get through the first few days. You're hunger will vanish and you won't be edgy with any food cravings. Your stomach/gut may have to remind you to eat, since your blood sugar will be incredibly steady on this WOE. Hunger is a non-issue (it's totally absent). Really strange feeling. A feeling most people have never had in their whole life. I never did before eating this way.

As far as coffee goes... keep it under 10oz a day, if you can. I am going to try and do without it for a while and see how it goes. With very little carbs in my diet, I am never groggy in the morning as I use to be... so don't really need it. It is nice to have something warm to drink in the morning though, so I am not too sure how easy it will be to give this up. Habits die hard, but they can be replaced with others, since humans are very much "creatures of habit".