View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 06:41

Plan: MyLCWOL
Stats: 485/366/210 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Tyrelle,
If you don't want to add bulk, keep your reps high 15-20. This mimics more of a Cardio type routine but will help you build some muscle. Muscle is good because it burns more calories than fat pound for pound.

I am sure your gym came with some exercise descriptions. I would recommend starting with a Curcuit type training session.

Start out with 2-3 Sets, set weight so you can do 15-20 repetitions, when you finish one exercise only rest 30 seconds, then move to next. I don't know all the exercises your equipment can do, but I've put an example Curcuit plan below.

Each Set contains the following, do each exercise once, move to next, try to repeat entire regiment 2-3 times all the way through.

You will have to play with weights first couple times to find out what weight level will allow you to do all 15 reps. If you have to reduce weight on last set to get all 15 reps that's ok. For each exercise focus on nice smooth movement both the out and back movements, out and back should be same duration, try for 1 second out, 1 second back. Idea is you don't want to jerk weight out, then just drop it back. Also, try to keep weight lifted just above the weight stack during exercise, try to keep the weight you are lifting from hitting the stack( weights you are not lifting ). If you are clanging the weights together that's bad, the idea is to control the weight all the way through the motion:

Full Body Curcuit:
Chest Press, 15-20 reps
30 second rest
Shoulder Press, 15-20 reps
30 second rest
Seated Row, 15-20 reps
30 second rest
Lat Pull down, 15-20 reps
30 second rest
Arm Curl, 15-20 reps
30 second rest
Tricep extension, 15-20 reps