#15   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-06, 09:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa N
I don't know about gaining weight, but at 5' 9" tall, a goal weight of 135 is at the lower end of the scale unless you have a fairly small frame.
Running is hard on your joints, especially if you tend to run on hard surfaces like sidewalks or paved roads as many people do and don't use good quality shoes made specifically for that purpose and replace them frequently.
Waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep is often a symptom of depression, but does not automatically mean you are depressed.

IMO, your doctor isn't as far out in orbit as you think, but she could do with a bit more investigation before making a diagnosis.

I mainly keep this doctor as the holder of my medical records and use walk in clinics most of the time. I seldom need to see her at all since being on Atkins and getting healthy.

I do have a small frame - my fingers over lap on the wrist test. I also have extra fat that still needs to go! Despite a long conversation with her AND showing her my belly she still insists that I should be at least 150# or I am underweight..... However, her analysis of my DD, 17 and 5'10" is that DD is overweight at 180 (larger frame than me) and should be a MAX of 150?!?!?

I had some problems with my knees and Achilles so I went to a running store to get proper fitting shoes and advice - doc wants me to walk but it doesn't get my heart rate up.

I wake up in the night, check the time, put eye drops in (dry eyes) and go back to sleep almost all the time. Sometimes if I'm really stressed I stay awake for a while. I never saw this as a problem. Not sure why she does....

Sadly there is a real lack of doctors here so I can't change. As I said, she holds my records and that's about it.

Thank you for your concerns Lisa!!!

Julie