View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 11:07

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%
Default It feels like so little!

It's my 2nd week now and I'm combining CKD with BFL. As a result of the carbup I felt quite powerful.
I had to up the weights from what I had planned, but though I felt half of the exercises where quite strenuous, I thought that I could have done more...
I didn't wait very long between the sets, as I wasn't tired enough.. so was finished in 40 minutes.

I must add that I'm a long-distance cyclist, so have quite strong legs, yet, I'm still suffering from a heel injury (skipping rope) so I was a bit careful about doing e.g. squats and do leg press instead.

Now I'm wondering.. I don't want to add too much weight to my exercises at once but build up gradually. Could I add 1 or 2 exercises to the lower body work out?

Or, change them? I am doing leg press and leg extension for quads, but I guess that a squat and leg extension would be more intensive?

For hamstrings I am now using the Romanian deadlift (to save my back, as the stiff-legged DL gave problems). I have tried to keep good form, and succeeded in sofrar that I wasn't hurting in my back, but my hams didn't hurt either..

Calves were OK, they aren't very strong.. and I definitely put enough stress on the abs.. somehow I turn into a masochist when I'm doing these exercises.. perhaps also because i'm not too afraid of hurting them..

I was wondering whether to add an isolation exercise for my eh, gluteus.. and inner thighs. Most women love to have strong thighs and do the abductor/adductor machine exercises as well as the standing gluteus..

What's your thought on this?
Sponsored Links