View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 17:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

When I went to see my doc to talk about something unrelated to weight I (foolishly) asked her what she thought my weight should be. She said I should have a BMI of AT LEAST 25!?!?! She told me that I was "underweight" with a BMI of 21. It's the last time I have asked her advice on anything.

Docs think they know it all but mine is yet another example of how little she really does know.

I made the mistake of saying "Atkins" to her one time and she told me it was dangerous to eat all that fat and meat without any veggies or fruit. She "ordered" me to stop immediately.

Each time I have seen her since she asks about my diet, tells me my weight is too low, advises me to gain 10-15# and stop my running program because it's too hard on my joints!?!?! Oh, and she wants me to take antidepressants because I wake up in the middle of the night......

So when I hear "see your doctor" I just groan! As for "studies show" - prove it with serious science - a long term study controlling for gender, chronic disease, smoking status, age etc. and THEN tell me "they say"!

Jumping off the soap box.....

Julie