View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 05:59

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%
Question On time of carb-up, cardio and weight training

Sorry to ask stupid questions, but I can't get my hands on a copy of the CKD-book, so I have to do it with info provided from you..

Carb-up: why does it start before the depletion workout? I thought you were supposed to deplete your muscles from glycogen? When you eat a carb meal before it fills up immediately, doesn't it? I followed it though, but all my WT is in the morning, so I had half a bottle of fruit drink (200 kcal) before leaving and the other half after having cycled to the gym (14 km) and done a circuit training with 1 set for each muscle group. I then waited with the next meal until well after arriving at home (12:00), where I ate rice pudding with a banana.

I am doing the weight training in BFL style but eat in CKD style. Now I am wondering whether to adapt the BFL schedule! I was reading the sticy (CKD 101?) and it was said that you should do a full body weight training on Mon and a circuit training on Wed and Friday.
I do 4 workouts and 3 cardio sessions now.. does it sound OK?
Mon morning: lower body work out (in week 2, in week 1 it is UBWO)
Tues morning: swimming or Tues evening: aquarobic
Wed morning: UBWO (LBWO in week 1) and spinning class (might add aquajogging when I skip Tues swim)
Thursday: rest day
Fri morning: LBWO (UBWO in week1)
Sat morning: circuit WO and spinning
Sunday: rest day.

it is unfortunate that I can't choose cardio times: spinning classes are on Wed/Sat morning only and aquarobic on mon-tues-wed-fri evening or aquajogging on mon-wed night. When I swim as I did on Tues morning I am not really working very hard.. I know an aquarobics or aquajogging class will kick my butt, but the times aren't very convenient..
OTOH, I can do my weight training on all mornings from Mon thru Sat (closed on Sun). As I don't feel like cycling in the dark in winter, evening classes/workouts are not done...
By the way, I eat after arriving in the gym but before the workout, as well as right after the workout (take 2 meals of fresh cottage cheese with me.. )

Advice is welcome.

Fietser, puzzled in Wageningen
Sponsored Links