#64   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 13:29
Jen B

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Karen,

Would your son eat raw cultured vegetables? They are also excellent as probiotics. According to the Body Ecology Diet and also Nourishing Traditions, raw cultured veggies are a super nutrient, and they re-culture the intestinal flora in a most healthy way.

There's a brand at the health food store called "Rejuvenative Foods." I love the Kim Chee. It's like sauerkraut. Just like the ghee, it is also very expensive. I usually eat half a cup per day or less. These are the only veggies I ever eat. These are excellent with any type of protein.

Most commercial sauerkrauts and pickled products are not raw and truly cultured; they are heated or pasteurized. Basically, they're dead and only serve to feed candida. You have to get the 'real deal' or make it yourself. The Rejuvenative Foods brand is the 'real deal.' There may be others.

On probiotics, there's a thread on the General Health forum started by Nancy LC, where she is testing refrigerated probiotics from the health food store and finding them to be dead. It's titled something like "Probiotics are a rip-off." Very interesting!!