View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 04:53

Plan: MyLCWOL
Stats: 485/366/210 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

My 2 cents,

I really took Atkins model of cutting out most the carbs and tried to keep them between 20-30 grams per day. Since I am doing resistance training I try to keep my protein at about 1 gram/pound lean body mass which is about 200 grams per day for me. Then I messed around with some BMR calculations and recommended Carb/Fat/Protein ratios, my own trial and error and have determine that I need about 2500 calories per day avg to loose weight.

I drink one 12 once cup of coffee per day. I try to get in a gallon of water per day. I played with some supplements to break a stall a month ago. I've also done a couple weeks of CKD which was fun, and I may go back to CKD once a couple non-related health issue are resolved. So I can't call myself an Atkins purest by any mean. I like Nats description of her own method.

My best recommendation is do what works for you. Get on a routine and stay on it long enough to determine if it is working. To me, this needs to be more that a couple weeks. Listen to your body, each of us are unique. If necessary start making small changes, remember to many changes produces to many variables, and it can be hard to tell which one produces a result. I dropped almost 55 pounds since late July, so I must be doing something right, for my body at least.

Regards,
Lux