View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-06, 16:27
Jen B

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

gryfonclaw: Here's how I eat my daily coconut oil: I melt about 3 T. of coconut oil, grind up 2 T. of flax seeds, add in 1 t. cinnamon, and a shake of stevia. If I'm feeling really decadent, I'll add 1-2 T almond butter or 1 oz of broken up pecans, as well as 1 T unsweetened cocoa. I pour the mixture onto some cling wrap that I've placed in a small tupperware lid, then put it in the frig or freezer to harden. I eat it like a cookie with my coffee for breakfast. Delicious! And it sticks with me for hours.

I like the flavored coconut oil for eating, but cook with the expeller pressed. I don't know about lard. I think you could get it from a butcher or farmer. I got some bison fat from the company I order grass-fed bison from online. One of these days, I'll render it and use it as lard.

Mayo:
1 egg
1 T lemon juice (could use vinegar or 1/2 each)
1/4 t dry mustard
1/4 t salt
pepper (I use cayenne)
1 c. walnut oil (or half olive)

Put first 5 ingreds in blender or food processor. Blend for 1/2 minute, then pour in oil in a thin steady stream through the food tube or hole in blender lid while machine is still running. By the time you pour in all the oil, it should be thick and creamy. If you're gonna use this for coleslaw dressing, add some stevia or other sweetner.

Mama22boys: That's very interesting about the artery clog thing. I never knew that. It explains a lot, I think. Thanks.

Hellistile: Sounds like you might be a good candidate for the deep-fried bacon.