#21   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-06, 13:16
Jen B

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
From Sunrise02: Right now, I cannot afford the organic diet even though I think it may be best. The other problem is--I wonder if all that stuff REALLY is organic or if they just tell us it is. You know, when you've been DUPED, you begin to be wary of everything!
Sunrise, I know what you mean. For me, it's just me and my husband. Were both purists. We stop at the produce isle and the meat counter at our local HFS and that's basically it. Our grocery list usually has under 10 items on it! I guess it's just a matter of trust that the stuff is what they say it is. One will never know for sure!!

If I were going to deep fry something, I would use Tropical Traditions expeller pressed coconut oil (it doesn't have the coconut flavor) because it withstands a great amount of heat. I think the nut oils would work too.

Quote:
From AuntJoyce: But being a northerner, I just can't get used to that vinegary sauce ya'll use down there in the south!
Ha! You must be talking about my Arizona Gunslinger Habenero Sauce! I love that stuff!

Quote:
From AuntJoyce: How long does your homemade mayo keep in the fridge? Or do you just make one serving at a time?
I make 1 cup at a time and it's supposed to be ok for a week. Don't think I'd go longer than that. It has a raw egg in it.