View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 12:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159.5/151.0/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%

I have two children, 9 and 12... I use to stay out of most pictures due to me looking (and being) over weight. I just can't stand to see pictures of my face being so round and no neck, so ... well, fat.

My son asked me not too long ago while we were looking at photos "gee mom, where were you ?" I laughed and told him I was the photographer! But, I see his point... I want him to have memories of me BEING here - me being his mom - being a part of thier lives - fat or not... he loves me for who I am - HIS MOM. So, I have tried to be in more pictures (use the camera setting to take by itself of all of us, etc.) I don't really care for the pics but they are not really for me.. .they are for my children who will appreciate them one day even if I never do.

Your kids don't care what you look like... don't let it hinder you being with them... they love YOU and want YOU to be a part of their childhood... I am having to learn this same lesson. I almost lost my privilege of being their mother (through a custody battle) and I have a whole new outlook on being a mom... what a true blessing and gift it is - treasure it...and let them have the memories of you being with them - being their mom!

Thanks for being so honest with us here... made me make another commitment to myself to continue being in the pics - will be taking a holiday picture in less than one month. Thanks !

KarenS