#15   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 10:46

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally posted by Fietser
But I LOVE fruit I was just thinking up what I was going to eat on Saturday from the foods I love: rice pudding, fried rice with veggies or omelet and fruit, fruit plus more fruit!
But fruit is not created equal, so some fruit is better than others, grapes, oranges, which ones?

Fietser

Hi, Fiester!

Here's where it gets complicated: In the book Lyle suggests eating a small carb meal 4 hours the depletion workout, then another small carb meal 2 hours before...that contains fruit!. When I went to his BB to ask clarification on this he said that the idea is to take the liver out of it's catabolic (ketogenic) state. He said a little fruit wont kill you on the carb up, or the meals before the depletion workout, and just said that eating tons of fruit could start putting on weight.

He also said that the idea of the carb up is to restore leptin levels, so if that were the case then getting the liver to do it's thing----is that "down-regulate or up-regulate? (someone help me here on this one)---is the key to getting into that anabolic state, thus allowing for supercompensation to happen more thoroughly???

I may have it all confused...so much information in a short time, but that's the way I understand it right now.

Another benefit of having the book is having access to Lyle's BB, which means you can go straight to the source to ask questions too! I love it! Between this board and Lyle's, I feel like I'm in very good hands!!

Good luck, and I hope I haven't consfused the issue further for you.