Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 23:49

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%
Default Re: carb-up

Quote:
Originally posted by Trainerdan
The spinning class will sufficiently deplete local glycogen stores from your lower body ... so you will need to hit your upper body after spinning to deplete those stores of glycogen.

An upper body circuit would work best for you. Chest press, pullovers, rows or pulldowns, biceps curls, triceps dips.

And I agree with Big Dog that the weights should be first if at all possible.

OK, but I am a bit wary of doing upper body workouts 2 days in a row.. In BFL style I do
mon upper
wed lower, spinning = lower
fri upper
sat spinning = lower, depletion work out = ?
mon lower
wed upper, spinning = lower
fri lower
sat spinning = lower, depletion workout = ?

I can do lower body wo 2 days in a row with no ill effects, though I have to be careful with my foot (skipping rope & lugging a loaded bike didn't heal it). Worse is that I have RSI in neck & shoulders since 1994, so I have to be really careful with exercises.. a rowing session in BFL style f*cked it up even more as you Americans tend to say. Or rather, the right shoulder hurts almost all the time because of my Internet habits. So, 2 days in a row seemed like asking for trouble? That's why I thought about the abs & back exercises as an alternative... like back extensions (normal and sideways) and the ab machine/incline bench for upper& lower/oblique ab exercises.

Anyone with comments?