View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 13:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159.5/151.0/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi Miami - I am in the same boat... I have been on the Atkins for a couple of weeks now... and NOTHING. My sister started about the same time and has lost 7 pounds. I was like you, I was eating the Atkins bars for a meal supplements - sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Well, after reading this forum I learned those are no-nos with so many hidden carbs.... boy, did I feel tricked.

I was also "cheating" with sugarless candy that a friend got me (no info given, they were the bulk kind).... I have recently learned that those carry many carbs too! About 15 carbs for 4 small candies!

So, I have cut the bars out and the candies... I am really trying... but still nothing. I am so frustrated, but determined to make this work. (I usually eat a mock danish for breakfast, snack on bacon strips, tuna w/ lettuce & avocado w/ a few pork rinds for lunch, ground beef with cheese or a steak for dinner... and then of course some of that sugarless jello... oh, and lots and lots of water.)

Do you have any suggestions on what helped you? I would love any help.... I really would like to see some results from this effort (oh, this might play a part in it.. I have been a yo yo dieter in the past - up and down for years...I'm 5'3")

Thanks, KarenS