View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 12:04

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%
Question Is this a good plan for a depletion work out before carbing up?

It's pretty hard to follow 2 plans (Body-for-Life and CKD) when you haven't read either one of the books (probably not available here).

As said before my schedule is:
Mon-morning: upper body BFL style (45 mns)
Tues-morning: swimming (now regular, later aquarobics at night, 45 mins)
Wed morning: lower body BFL style and spinning lesson (both 45 mins)
Thursday: rest (I could go for a swim though, if I join the aquarobics class)
Friday morning: upper body BFL style (45mins)
Saturday morning: spinning lesson (45 mins) and perhaps some auxiliary weight training (abs??)
Sunday: rest
As many of you know, upper/lower body work is switched around for week 2: lower on mon-fri and upper on wed.

Hmmm I have little choice in the times when the spinning lessons are given, so one of the lessons coincide with my weight training days. I have given it some thought and decided to do that weight training session it after all. Even though I did leg works on Wednesday, I felt only lousy for the first 10-15 mins of the lesson, mostly because I was sore and dehydrated (drank a full liter of water) as well as hadn't found the proper seat position.

After the lesson I felt great.. I've also read that it works out better to do weight lifting BEFORE cardio if you must combine the 2 of them..

Now the big question is: when to start the carboloading? the best time seems to be after the visit to the gym on Saturday. I could do another workout after the spinning lesson to make sure that I'm properly depleted, but how much should I do, given that I've either done legwork the day before or upperbody work (as I do tomorrow).

I could try a few exercises that I haven't tried before with low weights and high reps to get proper form and do some extra ab work to feed the masochist in myself.
When I really really push myself that lesson, it shouldn't be too hard to get depleted by just a cardio training..

But how do you know you're properly depleted?

I also need to cycle 14 km home (some 45-50 mins).. I'lll need to take my carb-up meal with me.. was thinking about rice pudding. A good idea??

Fietser, puzzled in the Netherlands
Sponsored Links