Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%

Quote:
Originally posted by Trilbe
Hi!

I'm sorry I misunderstood you earlier!
It sounds to me like you are doing low-carb BFL with a "free day" on Saturday, which you use to carb up. Well, in that case, it sounds to me like your cardio plan is great. Spinning class is an awesome high-intensity workout, so I don't see why you would have any problems doing this.

Keep in mind, though, that you do not want to do your weights on the same day as your cardio. Nor do you want to do two intense cardio sessions on the same day.
Hussman's Workout Advice

I don't think that Hussman's concerns about glycogen depletion apply to us, who are on LC diets, but I would think that his advice about ATP and creatine phosphate stores would apply equally well to us. If I'm mistaken about this, I'm sure someone here will correct me.

It sounds like you have a really solid plan. Good luck!

Trilbe

Hmmm I have little choice in the times when the spinning lessons are given and I much prefer the morning session. So one of the lessons coincide with my weight training days. I have given it some thought and decided to do it after all. Even though I did leg works on Wednesday, I felt only lousy for the first 10-15 mins of the lesson, which was also because of the improper seat position (only 2nd lesson in 6 months,used to go 3x/week). After the lesson I felt great.. I've also read that it works out better to do weight lifting BEFORE cardio if you must combine the 2 of them..
Now I'm thinking about it, I may reverse things on Saturday to get a full depletion. So, even though a weight lifting workout isn't scheduled , I could try a few exercises that I haven't tried before and esp. do some extra ab work. When I really really push myself that lesson, it shouldn't be too hard to get depleted by just a cardio training..

It's pretty hard to follow 2 plans when you haven't read either one of the books (probably not available here).