View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 11:03

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%

Good question.. BFL appealed to me because of the enthusiastic reports I had read and also because I need the combination of weight training and cardio to both lose weight and get better at my favourite sport: endurance-cycling.
CKD is mostly geared to dedicated bodybuilders, but it doesn't mean that the diet won't be helpful to me..
I guessed that BFL people here would know better what the proper cardio exercise is for a true BFL-style than the CKD-folks.. esp. since this is a low-carb board.

I'm not overly obsessed with absolute strength which is the reason of a carb-up day. For me it's the perfect solution when I don't want to give up carbs for life, but still don't want to go back to a high-carb lifestyle. Once I'll approach my desired weight I will slowly add the healthier carbs, esp. legumes and fruit.

After all 80 kg of weight is way too much for someone just 1,58 m tall. To translate in imperialist measures: 176 lbs on a 5'4" female frame.

The signature says
Ich habe Reisefieber / I have travel fever
und mein Fahrrad hat Fernweh / and my bike is 'far'sick, as opposed to 'home'sick. Fernweh is a word I only know in German, it isn't used in any other languge I know

Fietser