#6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 09:13

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by EZasPie
I have been low carbing for about five weeks. I workout Monday to Friday. Cardio daily and Weights or circuit training Mon,Wed,Fri. I had been experiencing muscle fatigue and so I have purchased L-Glutamine and the instructions are 1 tsp before and after exercise. Should I be taking it even on the days that I don't do weights. Also should I still take it on the weekend when I'm not going to the gym? Do you think it helps with muscle fatigue.

Hi there Ez Sorry your post went unsanswered for so long; I've been away for a while and I guess it slipped through the cracks.

I would recommend that you take the glutamine everyday - it really has so many other benefits aside from its muscle sparing / recovery benefits. You may not have to take as much on the days you don't lift; just a few grams will do the trick.

Have you been taking postassium and a good cal/mag supplement during this time? Potassium is really more involved in muscle fatigue than glutamine. The Eades (protein power) recommend 400mg a day while you are actively losing fat. Cal/Mag will work to help muscle relax and contract and they take care of cramping/charlie horses that often accompany LCing.

The fatigue could also be a function of insufficient carbs. You may need a few more on your lifting days. Finally, how long have you been working out without a break? If it's been longer than 3 months you should give your body a break. A week off to rest up and recover will put you back in form for another 3 or 4 months.

HTH
Nat