View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 15:38

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 151/147/130
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Hey, Tiggie!

I can SOOOO relate to abusing the reward meal in CAD, and switched to the SP. I kind of combine the two, in a weird way, I guess, but it seems to be working. (4lbs, three weeks..I need to lose about 20). I try to keep my total carb count for the day at about 100-150 grams, with the bulk of them at dinner. That seems like a lot, but compared to what I used to eat it's not much, and I am losing weight!
For example today, I had an egg mixed with shredded zucchini and parmesan cheese and cooked like a pancake (yum!) and a rye crisp bread (6 grams) for breakfast. In a rush a crisp bread with peanut butter will do me.
Snack (I work in a middle school library..it's hard to get to the kitchen to heat stuff up) I have celery and peanut butter, or a V8 and string cheese. Lunch is a big salad..I've gotten very creative with salads and have a different one every day. I'm not always hungry again before dinner. I REALLY try to obey my signals of hunger and fullness. For dinner, I have whatever I fix the family. But I limit carbs to just ONE slice of bread...and a small serving of rice or potatoes. More meat and lots of veggies. Maybe a piece of fruit. I don't do seconds unless I am hungry.
We often eat out on weekends, that's when I do CAD and just go low on carbs all day, till we go out and the restaurant meal is my reward meal. It's good because I can't keep going to the fridge to see what else I can stuff my face with before and hour is up! BUT, I eat what I want! We seldom get dessert, but if there's time I plan for a small treat when we get home. Funny thing is, by the time I'm home the craving for the sweet may be gone. One of the perks of eating low carb.
Didn't mean to write a novel, but I hope it helped. I'm still kind of new to this, so I am still experimenting. I don't think I could do the real Atkins thing. Extreme low carb makes me tired and cranky.
Good luck,
T