Thread: The Firm Videos
View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 14:10

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 145/117/127 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 156%

Well, let’s see…there’s the Classics. I’ve heard people say all the Classics (Volumes 1 – 6) are “dated” but they are my favorites. They still work for me even after 8 years of using them so I’m not complaining! Volumes 1 & 2 use dumbbells and ankle weights. Volumes 3 and 4 use dumbbells, ankle weights and a “tallbox” (Volume 4 uses the tallbox only for lat rows so it’s not really necessary). When I started Firming I did not have the tallbox – all I had was a 12” Rubbermaid step to do the leg presses on and it worked fine. Volumes 5 & 6 use dumbbells, a short box, a tallbox - plus 5 uses ankle weights. Personally, Volume 5 has never appealed to me and I only pull it out once in a blue moon. They are all total-body workouts using aerobics with weights for toning. I believe they are all rated “intermediate to advanced”. I use Vols 1 & 2 the most, followed by 3 and 6. Other total body tapes (to name just a few): Maximum Body Sculpting (now titled Maximum Body Shaping) is a good, concise workout led by Tracie Long. It uses dumbbells, tallbox and dowel (I use a mop handle). It is “beginner/intermediate”. There are the Crosstrainers Firm Cardio and Firm Strength and also the Tortoise and Hare. The Tortoise and Hare have the ballroom aerobics. They are “intermediate to advanced”. Gosh, the list goes on and on! There are sculpting only tapes, cardio only tapes, “hare” tapes, “tortoise” tapes. Anyway, I have a lot of this in Microsoft word if you’d like further info. Hope I haven’t inundated you I guess you can probably tell this is a passion of mine and I had to cut out quite a bit of text at that