Old Tue, Feb-28-06, 19:24
Registered Member

Plan: wild
Stats: 145/145/145 Male 64"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duparc
We are not just maggots on a dung-heap; human society is struggling to break free of the primordial-mud, like a butterfly from its chrysalis but, as yet, it has not severed the umbilical-chord of antiquity. ... PlaneCrazy's knowledge of the state of current technology is unique and where he thinks it is taking us is fascinating and we are privileged to have his views!

I reject the idea that our choice is some sort of 'struggle to break free of the primordial-mud'. Why do we still feel the need to break free of anything primordial or even muddy? Seems as though we have this disgust of the earth and the primordial, which, I feel is a disgust with ourselves. Unhealthy.

Do people still feel that the real world, which we now separate and call the "wild" is "nasty,brutish and short"? Of course people do, it's an imprint from civilization. In no way am I saying to be isolated....that is getting old, really, why do people equate pre-civilization with isolation....methinks it's because we have been taught to believe that. That would keep us close to the light, so to speak and easily controllable.

What are we struggling to break ourselves from? I feel the problem is that very sentiment. It's still a belief that we are somehow separate from that which makes us,...is us. I consider that unhealthy, not fear, nor an ulterior motive (which would be what exactly?...thanks for the implication by the way... ). See any connection between hating your body and hating the earthly, material, wildness of yourself?

I do not believe we are some kind of pinnacle of evolution, the chosen ones or struggling to break free of anything other than civilization itself. And agriculture is it's harbinger.

Eating is our primordial relationship.

I don't want more artificial light. I don't want machines in me or controlling me from the outside. I don't want to not eat (so I can do what? spend more time to embrace technology even more and fulfill human's manifest destiny of being the super conciousness?).

I want to eat.