#160   ^
Old Sun, Feb-19-06, 14:59
Go Big or Go Home

Plan: I plan to lose weight!!
Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:47.65/25.28/28.8
Progress: 0%

Quote:
How's South Beach going? I've heard it's less restrictive than Atkins,(induction anyway).
Hi Sandy, nice to hear from you!!! I haven't actually started the Beach yet, I was trying to clean out my fridge of Atkinsy type stuff and doing induction the Atkins way while I am doing it LOL. When I start SB, I think I'm going straight to Phase 2. With the exception of a couple planned splurges, I've been on induction since November & I'm sick of it.

Quote:
It's so much more productive, isn't it? I think most of us with weight problems berate ourselves relentlessly, it's a good step to try and be kind to oneself. I'm trying too, but it's a challenge at times.
It really is a challenge & it's way more productive when I can convince myself that what I'm doing is working LOL. I think what's really frustrating (for me personally) is seeing someone cheat, gain as a result & then within a day or 2, are back to where they were. I cheat/splurge and the resulting gain is not temporary for me at all. I also have to step back, give myself & good swift kick in the hiney & remind myself that the key word as I journey to a healthier me is exactly that...healthier, not whatever number the scale throws in my face. Regardless of what the scale says, I'm exercising regularily & I'm eating well and that's what's important. I still get a little frustrated when the scale refuses to cooperate with me, but I don't get depressed & angry like I used to. Now it's more like...<big sigh> & an 'Oh well' .

Quote:
Very cool about the bf/muscle measurements. do you have a special scale?
I use this online site that K posted a while back... http://www.linear-software.com/online.html#women (the scale for women is closer to the bottom of the page. I have no idea on it's accuracy, but it's noting changes to my body & that's good enough for me .

Quote:
I hope to see you on the Easter challenge. I'm not going for a weight loss goal, everytime I do I end up shooting myself in the foot, so I hope you'll think about stopping by there.
As you probably noticed already, I opted out of the new challenge. For some reason, the last one really stressed me out & I couldn't wait for it to be over. For some reason having to post a gain or not being able to post a loss made me feel like a loser (& not the good kind either LOL) & it was really cutting my self esteem down. I honestly couldn't tell you why as I'm in other challenges & they don't make me feel that way. I miss keeping up with you & the other regulars, but I'm finally (as I mentioned above) at a place where I'm content for the most part with my recent inability to lose weight. What did you decide to do as your goal?

Looks like you are doing great losing inches!!

How's CAD working out for you? I recently recommended it to someone & started contemplating starting that instead of SB. SB won out LOL.

Hope you had a great weekend!! If I remember correctly, timewise, it's Monday for you already.