View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 07:08

Plan: low-carb Ali style
Stats: 175/167.5/145 Female 5ft 7inches
BF:No idea
Progress: 25%

Hi Suzi,
Like you, I previously lost alot of weight on a low-fat diet, it was with a fitness & health club. I hit a plateau and couldn't shift anymore weight even tho I was exercising hard and being strict with my food. But I was permanently hungry...basically I was starving myself and I felt pretty awful most of the time.
I heard about the Atkins diet, did my research and decided to give it a go.
I only need to lose 10lb in total but I feel it's not just the weight loss from this diet that will benefit me.
My first 2 days on induction were horrible, I was starving and felt bad. Since then things have improved, I can eat so much more than I ever did before, I sleep like you wouldn't believe and NO BLOATED stomach. You should see how flat my stomach is and I've only been doing this a week.

I maybe alot slimmer (now) than many people on this site but I can relate to everyone and I feel totally at home here......

Ali

btw. I still go to my health and fitness club but not for the weigh-in, for the exercise class and to see all the friends I've made over this last year....oh yeh and to go to the pub afterwards...diet coke only...I promise !!!