Thread: Good Carbs
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 19:49

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Lisa, congrats on your success to date Nice job.

I had not heard of the book in question; it sounds interesting. However, I have read and followed Protein Power by the Eades and they make similar references to watching which types of fats you use and to increasing carbs as you approach Maintenance - which you are most definitely doing.

I do firmly believe that not all carbs are created equal and that some are better than others. The more whole, natural and unprocessed any food is, the better. Eating 80-120g of effective carbs on PP as you near Maintenance is normal. Foods like sweet potatoes, steel cut irish oats, apples and berries, 100% whole wheat grains and cereals are all part of the plan for many once they have repaired their metabolism and insulin resistance.

While you may not be at your goal right now forward thinking and planning are good ideas. The goal of maintenance is to find a balance whereby you do not gain or lose and are happy and content with your menu choices. As with all things it will take some practice, trial and error. Suddenly jumping into that phase of your fat loss journey and upping carbs considerably could have some negative effects - a gradual increase of carbs makes much more sense.

Just think of all the interesting dishes and recipes you can try out now!

Nat