View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 13:52

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Quote:
What the findings do show, yet was often lost in news reports, is that eating more fruit and vegetables as well as less saturated and trans fats cuts the risk of heart disease and cancer. That evidence is "quite strong," Willett says.
Sally is taking things out of context and from different sources. The study said nothing about eating more fruits and vegetables and less saturated fats and trans fats cutting risks. Willett said that.

The rest of the article is just as bad. She brings up many things not covered in the study and implies that the study had something to do it them.
Quote:
All fat intake decreased in WHI. So participants missed the nutritional benefits of eating nuts, fish and olive oil.

As the low-fat participants go extensive help from nutritionists in eating low fat, I feel they would have been strongly advised to avoid fatty meats and to eat boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead. Fish has always been touted as being healthy and I doubt they were told to avoid it. I would be willing to bet that most of the fats the low-fat eaters eliminated from their diet were fatty meats.