View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 18:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hello papalmer. I must admit that I have never heard of drinking Metamucil as a snack before. I hope it is 'having the desired effect'.

The sugar craving is often a result of the blood sugar getting lower, so you get hungry. Many of us carb cravers have lost the ability to reocgnize hunger. So why not have a snack of protein ready for those moments? A slice of roast beef or chicken or turkey from the deli works wonders and if you wrap it in a lettuce leaf, it's even more filling. Protein send the sweet cravings away. Remember that your body is pretty simple-minded: if the blood sugar falls, then the body sends you thoughts of sugar foods as the quickest solution. But you can diminish the cravings and continue the rebalancing of your insulin levels by giving it protein instead. The cravings will leave, and you will still be on your diet.

Especially on Induction, eat small meals often during the day - even 6 of them. And recognize that craving for a sweet food is usually just a sign that the body needs fuel during the adjustment process.

All the best.