Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 16:14
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Angry THAT ANSWER PISSES ME OFF

Quote:
As you can see from the above, you are significantly over-reporting the number of calories that you are feeding your child. This is a common factor in human's belief systems. Just as humans under-report their food intake by 20-50%, you are similarly over-reporting what you are feeding your child.Clearly, the metabolic needs for calories of those with cerebral palsy is significantly lower than the needs of the healthy and ambulatory.
Quote:
It is simply impossible for what you say to be true. Impossible. We are all beholden to the Laws of Thermodynamics.

I READ THE TECHNICAL EXPLANATIONS FOR YOUR REASONING AND "THEN" I CAME TO THE SPOT WHERE YOU SAY I AM MISCALCULATING WHAT I FEED MY SON. SORRY DR. ELLIS, I KEEP A FOOD LOG OF WHAT MY SON EATS, AND EVERYTHING HE EATS IS KEPT IN THAT LOG, SO DO NOT GO TELLING ME THAT I AM MISCALCULATING WHAT HE IS EATING!! You think that your answer is SOOOOOO correct, and that EVERYONE must "fit the rule". Well, sir, there are exceptions to the rule, and it appears that my son is one of them, according to what you have tried to explain.
Quote:
And I did all of this for in spite of the tone of your comments which I feel could have been presented in a far less adversarial manner. But that is the nature of the web I guess
As far as how I addressed my reply, if you were in my shoes, you might be aggravated as well. I did NOT resort to name calling I am SICK of doctors who think that they have all the answers regarding my son. Since he was younger, it took years, and I LITERALLY mean years for him to gain 30 lbs. of weight, and he ate EVERYTHING that was recommended for him, all the high cal, fattening foods, excess in calories... But oh right... it is *the mom's fault... she must not be writing everything down right, there muct be some miscalculation somewhere...right?* WRONG! I have been more than able to keep a food diary, and track of fat/protein/carbohydrates/sugars... you name it... I can count it! And furthermore, contrary to your belief, I AM FAMILIAR with the law of thermodynamics, and at this time, I am using that law to lose my excess weight. And I WILL look to see if there is anyone in our area, that has a "BodyGem portable resting metabolic rate unit " and get a reading from that, and I am truly hoping to be able to locate such a unit, for then Doctor, I will have the necessary information to PROVE you wrong in what you have said in regards to my son's daily caloric intake, and your insinuations that you say I am miscalculating his calories. Thank you for your e-mail. (For those on this forum, my fellow LC'ers, sorry if anyone considers the above post rude,as I was merely answering HIS ACCUSATIONS towards me, and it was also disrespectful, that he could not answer me in an e-mail. I am giving an exact copy of this post to his e-mail on his website.)