#9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-12-06, 10:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 285/158/150 Female 5'4"
BF:ohmy!..not
Progress: 94%
Thumbs up Oh My!!!!

Made only 1/2 of the recipe... it made 3 Large biscuits. Ummmm...... if you don't trust yourself, make 1/4 of the recipe..... THESE WERE EXCELLENT!!! I left out the raisins ( I don't care for them). I was thinking that a tablespoon or 2 of grated apple would be nice maybe...I'll try that next weekend.

Also, I was SHOCKED by the amount if splenda you need to get 1/3 c of powdered splenda. I tried an alternate glaze at the end just to try it, melted butter in micro, added splenda and heavy cream, and then microwaved again until it was all melted nicely. I used equal amounts of all 3 ingredients. It worked fine and I'm sure will save a lot of carbs considering the amount needed for the powdered version.
NOTE: I was not sure "How" I was suppose to make the glaze, the recipe didn't state how, I don't think... I melted it all in the microwave... I wasn't sure if it all was suppose to be creamed together or heated or what, but it worked the way I did it. All I had was really cold butter.

One last thought.... The glaze made a very large quantity. Way more than needed IMO. I would maybe make 1/2 the amount of glaze for the the full recipe of biscuits.

ALL in all.... these were the best! and super easy! But like stated previously... Watch out! or you will eat them all..... I had to feed them to my kids so i wouldn't eat the other 2.... They devoured them in 2 secs flat.... I spooned glaze over all 3 of them, I should have just done one, as I'm sure it would heat better tomorrow without the glaze on it first.

Excellent!!! Ty for the recipe.

-Beverly