#6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 10:26

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%

Quote:
Originally posted by Natrushka
How long each set takes will vary, and to be honest, I've never timed it. I try to lift with 4,1,2 tempo -

Exercise 1:
12 reps at 60% of your maxium
10 reps at 70% of your maxium
8 reps at 75% of your maxium
6 reps at 80% of your maxium
12 reps at 75% of your maxium

Exercise 2:
12 reps at 75% of your maxium - failure

Your weights increase up until you reach set 4 where you do your 6 reps and then they inch back down for the two sets of 12 reps. If you can do the 12 reps with the same weight you used for the 6 then the weight you're using for your 6 reps is not heavy enough.

You might find this site helpful with demonstrations: fitsite exercise demos - I find some of the ones at exrx.net are show a little too fast to get a grasp of what is entailed.

Cheers,
Nat

Nat, thanks again.. as it was just my first time after a long absence I wasn't too worried. I stalled at a lowish weight for some exercises as 4 kg was too hard. Especially for the right arm, which is weaker than the left due to the RSI problem.

From what I see at your 4-1-2 pace, I did it too fast.. my, I may get confused when I start counting both the pace and the number of reps. The carb-free diet I am doing has affected me a little bit regarding short-term memory! Which always has been lousy though.

Also thanks for the max indication, I was already wondering whether I should go back to the weight for the 3rd set or not.

And finally, I'll def. take a look into that web site. While I knew most exercises, it has been a long time and despite the fair description on www.exrc.net I missed the pics in the gym.. perhaps I'll do a print-out of all the exercises I'm going to do...

Oh, and really finally I will also try to look up exercises that work on the same muscle groups but can be done without weights or tools, just by stretching. I will be cycle-touring for 2 weeks early November and by now I'm fanatical enough so that I want to keep doing them at a milder pace...

That's it for now

Fietser