View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 09:08

Plan: Atkins (induction)
Stats: 240/232/150 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi Bayre!

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your decision to get back on track. I'm sure you will find this forum to be of great help. So many people willing to help you out in so many ways. I'm so new to this all myself, and have gotten the help that I need to start my road to success.

I'm sure to hear about the blood pressure meds at such an early age was scarey to hear. and I'm sure there are alot of us on this forum that can relate to that. My dad died of a massive heartattack back in 1999 at the age of 52! I knew from that day I needed to do something. I was weighing 170 at that time(still very much overweight). I tried many different ways to lose weight and with no success, I seemed to only gain after a few weeks and I was exercising. I got very discouraged until...... a few months ago I was told that my "asthma" wasnt really asthma and that it was actually my heart giving me such trouble! At that point I knew I needed to do something, so i talked to many people about it and my ex-hubby's new wife told me about the LC'ing and while looking for low carb foods I stumbled across this site. Some may say it happend by chance, I choose to believe it happend cause it was meant to happen.

I have been on Atkins for 4 days now and stepped on the scale this morning and I have lost 4 pounds!! In total I have 120 pounds to go, and one day (one step at a time) I will get there, and so will you.

Swt_T