View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 19:44
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

I have SAD and the change/cravings you are feeling are definitely related to that syndrome. I am also a severe carbohydrate addict which worsens the situation.

I switch between Atkins and CAD. I use Atkins in the late spring through early fall to optimize weight loss and CAD during the late fall through early spring to maintain the loss/lose an additional 5 pounds/keep weight gain to a minimum depending on the severity of my SAD symptoms and the darkness of the winter. Switching to CAD controls my cravings and prevents binges though by the time I get to late Feb not much seems to help.

Perhaps you can remain on Atkins year through. Perhaps others have. My symptoms are too severe and switching to CAD allows me to stay in control. At least until February. Haha!

I know since moving from Boston, MA to Washington, DC my symptoms are much improved. I am hoping to hold out on Atkins until November.

I do use a special light to sit under in the morning. It helps alleviate the symptoms. Some people with symptoms not as severe as mine can stay on Atkins year round with the help of the light.

Good Luck! Whatever you do, stay on some LC plan. I used to gain 30-50 pounds every winter before I discovered my two lifesavers.