View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 16:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/198/150 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 63%

I understand what you are feeling. There are times - particularly during stalls when it is hard to feel positive and you just get the blues. I try not to wallow in it and do something I enjoy. I have a supportive DH and talk to him about the slow progress and he helps make me feel positive. Mostly I talk to myself and say STOP with the negative thinking already. Then I remind myself that I feel good, have lost weight ,and will continue to. A diet is all in your mind - where your mind goes the rest follows (especially the fork to mouth). If you "head" is in the right place you won't eat things you shouldn't. When my "head is in the wrong place I figuratively smack myself. (Sometimes I think I should literally smack myself in the head - LOL) It has worked for me for 2.5 months but I'd be lying if I didn't say that it is a struggle at times.

I have had moments where I pigged out - that psychological need to just stuff things in my mouth - but did it with legal foods. It seems to work for me.