View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 13:15

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I can't honestly say I've experienced any burst of energy and I've been low carbing for about 18 months now. What I have noticed is that I don't get that feeling in the afternoon like I REALLY need a nap.
My energy levels are far better than they were when I started. Back then, I barely had enough energy to make it through a day of work let alone make dinner and keep up the house. I still get tired at the end of the day, but my energy levels are much more constant and I don't have that absolutely bone tired feeling anymore and I definitely get a lot more done during an average day.
Now that I think about it, last winter wasn't as bad as far as SAD goes. Not that it affects me severely, but those long winter months without sun definitely impact my energy levels.
I'm not a morning person and I doubt that I ever will be. Getting up early is difficult for me at any time. My motto was and still is, "If God had meant for me to see the sunrise, He would have scheduled it later in the day." Even my kids know not to bug mom in the morning until I've had a cup of coffee and a chance to wake up and it doesn't help that my youngest daughter not only gets up with the roosters, she's usually the one waking up the roosters! LOL