View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 04:03

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Exclamation Christmas Temptation

I remember last Christmas. I had already been low carbing for several months. Just before Christmas I went down with a cold and I know I had a few extra carbs to get me over that. Then I permitted two days of excess over Christmas. I live on my own and had rejected everyones invitations to visit them as I wanted some time on my own. So brought Christmas pudding, cream and other goodies. Used up some cake that had been in the freezer for months as well as a few cornettos. Well overall the damage was not to bad, but January 1st I had put on a couple of pounds in weight.

However, the downfall came when I went on holiday the first week in January. Cyprus was cold, wet and windy. A bit unseasonal and there were not a lot of salads and veggies to have with my meat. Did not get much exercise either so ended up having chips with my evening meal. The upshot was that after a week I came back and had put on another 5 pounds. This then took 3 to 4 weeks to get rid of.

So, my advice would be to indulge yourself a little over Christmas and Boxing Day, don't go to excess. Drink alcohol, but drink lots of water to to stop you getting dehydrated. Then on 27 Dec take a deep breath and go back to low carbing properly. After all, it does allow for luxery foods, just not carb laden foods. You may then be surprised to find that your excesses have had minimal effect on your weight loss and in a few cases, it may even trigger a whoosh, when you are back on track.

However, Christmas is 11 weeks away and so stay low carbing and loose some more pounds before that date. My aim is to loose another 4 at least.