View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 23:40

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%

Benefits...well, I still get PMS some months, some are better than others.
My number one benefit is also what someone else said: "Food no longer controls me" I see food as FUEL now, I eat when I need to, and not usually when I don't.
I have lost a lot of weight and inches. None of my clothes fit me anymore, except the jeans I've been saving for SIX YEARS! I knew one day I would fit back into them, I bought them when I was the smallest I've ever been, and now I am getting even smaller!
Another benefit is knowing that I can go off the diet for a night, once in awhile (ie: for a wedding, Thanksgiving, etc) and I will have the willpower to get back on it the next day, becasue it makes me feel so good. I allow myself to go off the woe once a month if there is a special occasion. This way, I am rewarding myself for all of my hard work, I'm not offending anyone by not eating their cooking, and I am getting a nice treat. I burn off the calories the next day with a great workout!
Hmm, let';s see, what else...the weight loss and the lack of cravings are my number one favorite. I can actually watch someone eat ice cream or a chocolate bar, or even be OFFERED CANDY and TURN IT DOWN! I could have NEVER done that before low carbing!!!!
Hugs
Marie