View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 02:53
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%
Default Celebrity Fit Club really made me MAD last night!!

Ya know, i got so offended by the TV last night. There was Celebrity Fit Club on...they follow some celebs through a weight loss program. Well for a start the Dr on the program says it's his own plan, which is a downright LIE to begin with, it's the GI diet in all it's glory.
THEN last week one of the celebrities was over 30 stone in weight, which is 420lbs....so the first week he lost 22lbs (which considering his start weight, wasn't out of the way in my book) but the Dr showed real concern at his dramatic weight loss in one week - which I thought was terrible, it was really demoralising....he told him to try to not lose quite so much the following week and told him his new target for the week was 7lbs.

So he steps up to the scale and registers a 2lb loss this week - so THEN the Dr goes into overdrive on the fact that he hasn't lost ENOUGH this week!!!!

I was like WTF????? First off you're telling him he lost weight too quickly - then you're slating him because he only lost 2lbs. I felt really angry towards the whole thing - it makes a mockery of the way you should lose weight - in an even way, and anyway, HE LOST WEIGHT - he could have put it on!!!!

I think more emphasis should have been put on the fact that after such a dramatic weight loss the first week - which let's face it was probably a large % water....that his body was slowing down on purpous and that it was FINE to have a 2lbs weight loss in the second week. I was so insensed by it!!!

That's my vent for today. If they want to teach people the right way to lose weight, this is not the way to be doing it on public television!!

Grrr
Sponsored Links