View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 18:47

Plan: paleo/atkins
Stats: 134/134/127 Female 172
BF:
Progress: 0%

I've been much healthier since cutting starch and sugar from my diet and eating mainly unprocessed foods, at least three meals based on veges each day. My colds used to be frequent and lasted several days. Now, I've only had about two very mild and brief colds since starting this WOE (about half a year since I reduced fruit, and cut out sugar two years since I cut starch). I turned 40 recently, and can honestly say that with this WOE, some resistance training, rope skipping every morning (high-intensity) and a walk most days, I have not felt this healthy, strong or emotionally stable in all my adult life.

However, this is not the path to social acceptance! Nawchem writes:
"I no longer have any expectations that I have to be perfect to be liked, especially women, seem to like me more when I'm heavy." Very true!

I find that, much as I try to bond with other women, I have few female friends (though those I do have are old, wonderful friends). I'm pretty sure that being slim doesn't help (though I don't consciously rub it in), that I'm viewed as 'different' and a bit annoying. Sure, I have a strong personality, but eating differently and looking different do come into it - I know this from the kinds of remarks I get from other women.

Actually, having a strong personality is just about a prerequisite for our WOL, don't you think, LOL...