#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 07:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 370/270/160
BF:50%/36.6%/24%
Progress: 48%
Default I Broke 300!

I wasn't going to crow and brag about this, really I wasn't, but you know, I find that getting below 300 means far more to me than I thought it would. I actaully had tears in my eyes when I saw the numbers this AM!

To me, it is very symbolic; in the 200's (boy does that sound good to me) now I really KNOW I can do it. Before, I BELIEVED I could do it, but now I know.

I am filled with gratitude for this wonderful woe, where we don't have to suffer and feel like we are starving, for being able to exercise and improve both fitness and appearance, and for the wonderful support and friends I have made here and in other groups. How wonderful it is to just hit a few keys and get the answers and support I need!

I have been on Atkins/exercise since May of this year, lost 71 pounds- no cheats, ever, nor with the help of God and my friends will there be. To those that say "little cheats don't matter" I say "bull"! Each one, maybe no big deal, but consistency is what pays off on this long long journey that most of us are travelling in the Triple Digit Club. This is a whole different road than that taken by some lightweight that just has to lose a mere 40-50 pounds.

Getting to the borderline diabetic stage (all right, probably not that "borderline with a blood sugar over 300!) and finding that I couldn't even get around well anymore scared me out of all longing for high carb goodies, especially desserts. The "no-cheat" idea is part of the general "head reshaping" I am doing, because I don't wanna do this again! I am on this lo-carb woe for life, and certain high carb diet bombs are just no longer part of my picture. Like an alcoholic, I just have to avoid that first cheat.

Hugs to all,
Kat
Sponsored Links